Overview – Curriculum
The Creative Curriculum© for Early Childhood
Blawenburg Village School uses the Creative Curriculum© for Early Childhood from Teaching Strategies, Inc. The Creative Curriculum© helps teachers create effective learning environments in their classrooms by focusing on the indoor and outdoor spaces where learning takes place.
- Developmentally appropriate goals and objectives meet national and state standards in each of the early childhood education disciplines.
- Our own additional program objectives satisfy current Montgomery Public School kindergarten-readiness expectations.
- Since we believe that children’s learning is a joint effort between teachers and parents, meaningful ways are offered for involvement both in the classroom and at home.
- Teachers incorporate individualized child development goals and objectives in weekly lesson plans and daily learning.
- Our exceptionally low ratio of children to teachers allows for even more individualized attention, and gives our staff the flexibility to carefully plan together.
Young Children and Worship
- Each class at BVS has a weekly Bible Story class. The class is led by a specially trained Bible Story Teacher. The students enjoy an experience of being with, listening to, and talking together with God during Bible Story time. This program is one of the most effective ways of nurturing children’s faith and preparing them for worship with the whole congregation.
Handwriting Without Tears
- The Get Set for School™ program focuses on early childhood education to prepare young children for school and lifelong learning. This exciting curriculum uses singing, music, coloring, building and playing to help children learn and build school confidence. The program is designed to meet the developmental needs of three, four and five year olds.
Our program and curriculum supports and appropriately challenges each child every day.